As you know, we are in the midst of a Pandemic caused by the COVID-19 virus. As a health care facility, we have an obligation to serve our patients while at the same time do our best to limit the spread of this highly contagious disease. We have already instituted internal policies to limit patient and staff exposure to COVID-19:
- Increasing our already rigorous cleaning and sanitization protocols.
- We are checking the temperature of each patient before they enter the office.
- Patients may only bring one visitor with them into our main waiting room and exam room.
- Additional hands-free sanitization stations throughout our practice for both employee and patient use.
- Closely monitoring the health and well-being of our staff and providers, including frequent monitoring of temperatures.
- Working with the Centers for Disease Control, the World Health Organization and other government officials (NYS DOH) to follow recommended guidelines.
- Continuously monitoring the situation and implementing additional measures as needed.
To reduce your risk of any infection, we recommend the same precautions as those for avoiding the common cold and flu:
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Physical (social) distancing of 6 feet.
To read more on the CDC website, click here.
Thank you in advance for your understanding!